Friday, April 24, 2009

Onwards

Today, I revived my caricaturing "career", while I waited for my ICT practical (which I murdered) when I drew this guy called Cham- that is, an exaggerated version of his countenance, the definition of a caricature. So seeing this video, I felt it was only right that I post this. It's a sort of promotion for Nike brought to you by James Jarvis (or vice versa). This guy's style actually reminds me of Kaws and his use of contrast with a style of hatching reminiscent of Victorian illustrators (no, I didn't copy and paste that). Besides the apparent simplicity of this piece, you can see that the use of layers and attention to details only picked up by an eye in the socket of one with a knack for these things.  
In otherwards I dig this. I daresay it inspired me.
PEA(E.


Onwards from akqa on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. I do sometimes wonder whether you've copied and pasted some of the things you say, lol!

    "style of hatching reminiscent of Victorian illustrators" ...ahem ahem, it looked like regular old cross hatching to me! tho it really did make a world of a difference...
    P.S. You should post some of your stuff!!
    P.P.S. (P.S.S??) Nike was hardly mentioned...just in tiny print at the beginning and end...

    ReplyDelete