Monday, March 9, 2009

Old Skool

One of my favourite Dizzee Rascal tracks ever man... I tell you. Coming off his best performing 2007  Maths & English is Old Skool. Totally rad dude... Dizzee breaks down his gangsterness over some proper old school Hip Hop instrumental (that he must have scrapped off some where). Now, apart from totally spazzing, this song has had its own share of controversy due to some lines he spits in one of the verses, going a little something like 
"There was this MC man,
He was an Older in my ends and I thought he was the dan..."

Significance of this, MB?
Well people that know Dizzee Rascal probably know that he started out in The Roll Deep Crew with Wiley, a fellow MC from his area (Bow E3) who is said tto have pulled him out of his circumstance. The Rascal broke away from the crew after a while, though due to a highly publicised beef. 

"My cousin used to say he was a pussy undercover,
I didn't think it was nothing more than jealousy,
But I wish I would've listened every time he told me-
[HOOK]

Why you rollin' with that brudder, you don't need him,
He's a pussy 'ole he's a chief- leave him...."

I don't know- does this remind y'all of Ice Cube and N.W.A? 
Ki lowoze ko. 



Did I mention how skankable this track is? SMAO (Skank MY Ass Off)
PEA(E.

No comments:

Post a Comment